It happened with me yesterday, I was trying to buy an ebook from Amazon for my Kindle Fire HD that I have for couple of years now but to my wonder every time I tried to order the book, it failed. It was so annoying that I wanted to purchase the paperback version of the book. But suddenly I thought why don’t just do little bit research on why the order failed every time. I was thinking to fix the issue permanently so that it won’t create a problem in future. I also thought that I should call Kindle Support to Update Kindle Billing Information and ask them why this happened to me.
After checking everything in my Amazon Kindle account I stopped at the Billing Information page because I realized that my old card was saved there that I no longer use thus the transaction might be getting declined every time during the order. This was the reason I was not able to order the ebook for my Kindle Fire HD. Although I can call Kindle Customer Service and ask them to update my credit card but I didn’t want to tell them the card number over the phone because I feel little bit uncomfortable.
Now I will tell you how to Update Kindle Billing Information if you have changed your card in your Amazon Kindle account without calling Amazon Kindle Support. It is a very simple do it yourself thing and you won’t need Kindle Help from any one. Following are the steps that you need to follow to update your new card. Although these steps are very simple but need to be followed in right manner and you might still need to verify the new card that you are willing to add into your Amazon account.
- You must login into your Amazon Kindle account with your registered email address and password.
- Then Go to “Manage Your Content and Devices” page directly.
- There you will see “Digital Payment Settings”, do not click on this.
- Just below to “Digital Payment Settings” you will see “Edit Payment Method”, click on this.
- Now you can update your new credit card information, click on continue.
- If you want you can also update your billing address over there.
- Click on “Continue” and you will be redirected to “Digital Payment Settings”.
- You are done.
Above mentioned steps are very simple to do still if you encounter any error or issue, you can always call Amazon Kindle Customer Service and ask them to update your new card and they will do it. But remember it is not a good idea to tell credit card numbers over the phone thus I will strongly recommend Update Kindle Billing Information yourself.